2 screen settings

Alvin info at alvin.be
Wed Feb 16 13:04:18 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 11:03:50 Paul Stear wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 2 screens set up side by side on the kde system settings-monitors.
> The problem is that on a reboot the configuration is lost and I have to set
> them up again using the kde systems settings.
> Do I need to do anything else so that the configuration just happens on
> reboot? thanks for your time

Yes, you need to find out the correct xrandr command to set up your monitors.
Find out[1] what command that is and put it in /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup

For example, these are the lines I have:
xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1366x768
xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1360x768

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12