K/UbuntuOS/ZorinOS 64

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Feb 12 16:14:18 UTC 2011

GeraldCC wrote:
> On Friday 11 February 2011 22:58:29 Nils Kassube wrote:
> > GeraldCC wrote:
> > > Only a mouse/keyboard on the Belkin (7 port)hub.
> > > Kubuntu 10.10 the version of Zorin is 4.
> > > The system runs for a time then no mouse or keyboard.
> > > If I disconnect the hub from the Computer then reconnect there is
> > > no indication to show the usb is functional.
> >
> > Did you try without the hub?
>
> No, as putting a usb mouse straight into the machine. when the usb
> has been switched off, has not activated it.No mouse.
> But I will try with only the usb mouse and keyboard and if that fails
> a ps2 mouse and keyboard. But this is scraping the bottom of the
> barrel!!!
>
> > > I have tried Ubuntu 10.10 as well but the effect is the same.
> > > I normally run PCLinuxOS 2010.12 on my systems but feel a need to
> > > try others. Unfortunately others do not seem to work.
> >
> > Does that mean it works with PCLinuxOS?
>
> YES. So I think that rules out a faulty machine.

Agreed - if it works with one OS but not with the other, there must be a
software problem. However I don't have an idea what could be wrong.
Maybe you could post the output of the command

sudo lshw

in a terminal. Then maybe someone else has an idea.

> As a matter of fact, I tried ZorinOS4 in Virtualbox. It installed
> fine then after about 30secs, locked Virtualbox and PCLinuxOS.
> I am not sure what that means!!!!!

That's really strange. Could this be a faulty memory? You can try the
memtest option from the boot menu to rule that out.

Nils