Kernel update broke Nvidia

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Feb 1 00:11:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 04:28:31 +0800, Steve Morris
<samorris at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Goh, just one question on this front. I assume the instructions for
> uninstalling/re-installing the nvidia driver are to cause dkms to
> rebuild the kernel module. Has the bug that was in 10.04 where dkms
> would remove the nvidia entries for all kernels and then only rebuild
> the entry for the currently active kernel, been fixed?

I don't know of such bug, Steve. I am now on 10.10 but when I was on
10.04, I did not encounter any problem either. Can you link the bug that
you mentioned? It might help others who may have the problem and they can
follow or add further.

Regards - Goh Lip