Kubuntu running slow

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Fri Dec 30 11:08:01 UTC 2011

On 30 December 2011 10:23, Mark Fraser <ubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm using 4.7.4 on one of the netbooks and 4.7.90 on the other. It isn't
> that it is taking a long time to start, but that it feels like everything is
> slow even after leaving it for a while and only logging out and then back in
> cures it.
Try turning the mess called Nepomuk off.

My logins take quite long but I have a 8GB deep wallpaper folder which
KDE insists scanning every time - at least this version doesn't block
everything, it just makes it slow and lets me get on with the things
to a degree, previously it was a blocking action. Using a single image
speeds things up significantly.  The other obvious hog was the
so-called semantic desktop mess.