Kolourpaint erases selection when in respect-background mode

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:20:33 UTC 2011

Kolourpaint has two selection modes: one that selects the entire area
marked and one which discards the pixels coloured as per the
configured background colour. The first mode works fine for me, but
the second mode does not. When selecting an area while the
respect-background mode is enabled, the entire selection is done as if
it is the background colour. That is, when I copy the selection then
paste, I get a rectangle of background colour.

This is in KDE 4.7.4 in 64 bit Kubuntu 11.10. I also noticed the issue
in 32 bit Kubuntu 11.04, also with KDE 4.7.x.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com