Can't run UNetbootin

Hendrik Elsner he at 9y.com
Wed Dec 21 10:29:19 UTC 2011

A more elegant workaround for kubuntu is to change the application shortcut
command.

- Right-click the menu-icon and click on "Edit Applications..." to open KDE
Menu Editor.
- On the Application list expand the System-category and select UNetbootin.
- Change the Command to "kdesu /usr/bin/unetbootin" (without quotes)
essentially adding "kdesu ".
And you're done.

This solution also works with other similar problems with programs
requesting root authorization.

>I've had the same problem. My workaround is to open a terminal window,
>sudo into root and start ubnetbootin from the command line. Not an
>elegant solution but it works.
>
>On 29 November 2011 11:39, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create a LiveUSB for that I installed Unetbootin. But
when I
>> run UNetboot in it asks for password. I enter the password by it says
that's
>> incorrect (I know my passwords ;-))
>>
>> Eventually it fails. Please suggest. Runs ok on Ubuntu, problem is only
on
>> Kubuntu.
>>
>> Failed to run /usr/bin/unetbootin 'rootcheck=no' as user root.
>>
>> --
>> Editor: Muktware.com<br>
>> Skype: No Way...its non-free. Looking for alternatives<br>
>> Facebook: http://facebook.com/muktware<br>
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/muktware
>> Google+ : https://plus.google.com/109027644713767623413/posts

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: