Nepomuk

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 05:50:25 UTC 2011

This is, for starters, not a rant. I have little use for the whole
concept of the semantic desktop but I do get the possible advantages of
it. Once it works.

At this moment however it seems lost. I open "find" in Dolpin and search
for "current" as in "current state" or whatever and get x number of mp3
files and such that has nothing at all to do with current. Have no idea
where Strigi and friends pick up "current" from Swedish band Kent and
their songs from the album "Röd" (red).

The other main complaint: why the constant reindexing? I just found
Nepomukindexer chewing 25% CPU indexing pdf files in a folder I have
named "manuals". Where I have not changed or even OPENED a file for
months. And that is despite the indexer claiming to be "done" now and then.

Can anyone please explain how it works and what is the main problem at
the moment? This is not "production ready" and I am not even making my
dear wife a candidate to try this out, on her computer I switch off all
desktop search functions.