Nepomukindexer

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Dec 13 19:01:30 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 18:24:01 O. Sinclair wrote:
> I suspect this has got to do with how your Contacts/Addressbook is
> configured. It took me a few attempts after upgrade to get it working.

You're probably right.

> First of all I got the advice via a bug report to configure my
> Addressbook from within Kaddressbook or Kontact, NOT via KDE resources
> that apparently is not meant to be used in this context.

Kaddress book doesn't seem to have much in the way of configuring.  I had
already set up .local- - -  contacts with  .vcf files...   and when I use
'Select'  on the 'TO' line in kmail2, I get the addresses and that part works.
Just to auto-fill other than recent addresses.

What is the format of the addresses in your contact directory?

> It can also be done from Akonadi resources (if you have that in System
> Settings): create an Akonadi "Personal Contacts" pointing to your
> folder. I moved/imported mine to .local/share/contacts that I understand
> is "the new default" folder.

I did not have a 'Personal Contacts' resource and I added one and pointed it
to the 'contacts' directory...  and it is now ready.   Kamil2  sees that
directory and that's where I can 'select' addresses, but still no fill in.

> Before that I dabbled with a vcard-based resource that also worked but
> had some odd behaviour...

So I'm wondering if my files are in the wrong format since they are .vcf files
in the contact directory.