sound with skype

Girard Henri girardhenri at free.fr
Tue Dec 13 17:00:33 UTC 2011

Le 13/12/2011 13:15, Errol Sapir a écrit :

> I have had a microphone/sound problem with Kubuntu while trying to use
> Skype since version Nattty. I thought that by upgrading to Oneiric the
> problem would be solved but that wasn't what happened. I cannot use
> the microphone in Skype. The loudspeakers work, i.e. I hear but cannot
> speak to anyone, not even does the test microphone work. On the same
> computer my dual-booted Windows 7 works flawlessly.
>
> I have (in the past) removed pulse-sound, tried working without it,
> added it again and tried many workarounds to no avail. Any solution
> will be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Errol

I had the same problem ... I lost of lot of time finding what it was !
I don't know if it the same for you, but in case :
click on speaker icon
then look on tab in for your micro and check it's on right option :)
for me it was installed on front but I am using rear, changing front
with rear everything went ok !!!
I can tell you i spend a lot of time to find this out !!! But i had
formerly a pc working with front so i checked and it was it !
So maybe you have the same problem ?
regards
Henri