amarok collection db

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:56:01 UTC 2011

D. R. Evans said the following at 12/11/2011 03:42 PM :

>> normally, amarok stores this information in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok
>> you can try replacing that directory from a backup.
>
> I just did that. No dice... the updated amarok still doesn't seem to know
> anything about my collection. I guess that's at least consistent, since it
> didn't know about the collection following the upgrade, which I assume
> didn't actually change the database.

Does anyone else have any ideas? The idea of throwing away years of
accumulated data isn't appealing unless there's no option.

FWIW, if I simply put the old mysqle directory in place, while keeping the
rest of ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok in its post-update form, then I get a
bunch of error messages about the format of the database.

So it looks (guessing here, but it seems reasonable) like they changed the
format of the database, and presumably have some auto-update feature such
that the first time you run the updated amarok it's supposed to update the
format of the database (what could possibly go wrong?) but this failed on
my system leaving me unable to access the accumulated information that used
to work just fine before the update.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR