Adding home folder/trash can to desktop + plea for simplicity

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 09:24:06 UTC 2011

On 11/12/11 11:10, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> gene heskett wrote:

>>> And,for example, making it possible to have a different background on
>>> each desktop. That was simple with KDE3. I still haven't cracked it
>>> with KDE4.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>
>> Depends on your version of KDE. In 4.6.5 at least, this function has been
>> restored after we threatened to tar& feather the kde folks who took it
>> out. ;-)
>>
>> Cheers, Gene
> As a further reply to this, I have Kubuntu v11.10 set up in VBox. I have
> just checked and that is using KDE 4.7.2. And I still can't find how to
> have different backgrounds on each desktop. That was so useful in KDE3.
>
> Still baffled
>
> Neil

what do you mean by different backgrounds? I have different wallpapers
on my 2 desktops... all I do/did was "unlock widgets", right-click on
desktop, choose "desktop settings" and change to whatever wallpaper I
like. I have also experimented with using "search and launch" on 2nd
desktop and that also works.

Best
Sinclair