kubuntu 11.10 amd64 and AMD Catalyst

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:31:11 UTC 2011

On 05/12/11 13:59, Alvin wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 11:57, O. Sinclair wrote:
>> I have tried and failed to install the proprietary driver for my ATI card.
>>
>> Whether I use the "jockey" or install from the repos or if I download
>> from AMD site I still fail.
>>
>> Anyone has had any luck and can point me in the right direction?
>
> It would be useful to know:
> - Your Kubuntu version
> - Your card model
> - The failure message.

the kubuntu version is 11.10 64-bit as stated in the subject line.
The card is ATI Radeon HD5450
the error message I got when running it "outside Jockey" complained
about not finding a directory, I am afraid I forgot exactly what but it
had to do with 64-bit somehow.

Do not want to do it again unless someone can say the managed as it was
a bit of a headache to reverse.

Best
Sinclair