KDE Hang While Starts

Thomas Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Dec 5 09:20:20 UTC 2011

On Monday 05 December 2011 14:49 Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM,  <theuteck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Look in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/message, they may show what is going
> > on. Does it do this every time, or just this once?  My gut reaction is
> > that it was running a fsck on a partition.  You can normally press ESC
> > to see what is going on under the splash screen.
>
> I think I'm using wrong word.
>
> It's look like hang after I entered my userid & password at the KDM.
> The splash screen after I log in. It took me around 3 minutes to get
> my KDE plasma starts.
>
> How to solve this problem? Which log I should see?

If it's after login you could have a look at ~/.xsession-errors
It's usually very bloated and doesn't have timestamps so it will probably be
hard to find the reason.

You could also try to create a new user account and see if login takes just as
long time. If it does it could indicate that it's a system wide problem.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen