amarok won't jump to position

Jason Paul Joines jason at joines.org
Wed Aug 3 14:02:34 UTC 2011

Jason Paul Joines wrote:
> Aitor de la Morena wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2011/7/14 Jason Paul Joines <jason at joines.org <mailto:jason at joines.org>>
>>
>> I'm using Kubuntu 11.04. When listening to an mp3 file with
>> Amarok, the jump to position feature doesn't work. When I place the
>> mouse pointer over a particular position in the progress bar portion
>> of the toolbar, a text bubble pops up that says "Jump to: 6:43".
>> However, clicking that position does not do anything. How do you
>> jump to a position or fast forward or rewind in Amarok?
>>

>> I had the same problem, until I managed to right-click in such
>> position ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Aitor
>>

> Actually I tried right/secondary clicking, middle clicking, etc.
> Occasionally it works and when it does any of my three mouse buttons
> causes it to jump. Most of the time it doesn't respond to any of them.
>

> Jason

     Right now there are a large number of local mp3 files in my
playlist.  Most of them won't allow me to fast forward, rewind, jump,
etc., but one or two do.  The ones that do have a large circle moving
along the progress bar during playback.  For those that don't, the large
circle is missing.  It shows up when you first hit play but instantly
disappears.  Also, a file that wouldn't allow jumps once may allow it
the next time through.

     Any ideas?

Jason