SFTP to a Windows 2003 server

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Mon Aug 1 18:30:36 UTC 2011

I'm trying to connect to a Windows 2003 server from my Kubuntu box over SFTP
in order to edit some remote files. Unfortunately, no matter what
permissions the administrator of the 2003 server gives me, I can't seem to
write to the remote server.

I'm using KNetAttach to create a link to the server. Is there a setting I'm
missing? A character encoding besides Unicode that I should be using?
Something the server's administrator should be doing?

I can edit the files using an editor in a Windows virtual machine on my
desktop, but that seems a little complicated and inelegant.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard at underpope.com)