Natty and wireless problems

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Apr 30 05:19:52 UTC 2011

tesmail wrote:
> My wireless interface is not installed after upgrading to Kubuntu
> 11.04 from 10.04. It was working fine in the previous versaion.
> I installed wicd and removed the network-manager, but of no use.

Did you somehow upgrade directly from 10.04 to 11.04? That path would
not be supported and might be the reason for the problem.

But which ever way you used to upgrade, it would be good to know which
wireless card you are using. Please post the output of the commands

lspci
lsusb

in a terminal. And have a look at this page - maybe it helps you to
identify the problem:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide>

Nils