is 64 bit ready for primetime yet? (O. Sinclair)

Brian Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 6 15:39:35 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011 13:00, kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>   Re: is 64 bit ready for primetime yet? (O. Sinclair)

I've been running various kubuntu versions on my Asus amd64
motherboard for 2-3 years now with no major problems and
very few minor ones - mainly with applications. My motherboard
had a catastrophic burn up (in the NVidia chipset area as far as I
can determine). I don't think there's a problem with the memory
or the processor. I've had to retire the whole tower, of course -
if any-one wants the amd64 bit processor or the 2 x 2GB +
2 x 1CB memory boards there welcome to them for the price of
the postage.
brian