Which USB Scanners work?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:04:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 22:10 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

> The cost was not under $200 of course but now he cannot stop scanning
> photos of his grandchildren but also all his old photos and printing
> them out in perfect resolution and colour on the Canon printer (Pixma
> IX5000).
>
> As me late pappy used to say, "I am not that rich to buy cheap goods ©".

As HP tech support pointed out to me, after my all-in-one wonder lost
it's color print quality, I shouldn't have bought an "entry-level"
printer. Man, did I go through the roof. I went through the tirade about
how I spent $800 in 1978 dollars on a Teletype 43 that would print
several boxes of paper with one $4 ribbon. It got me no where, but I
felt better after. I do think the darn printer should work reliably for
several years, at least. It still works good as a scanner. I just don't
use it to print, unless I really have to. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256