zc3xx usb camera, what viewer?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Sep 28 17:51:24 BST 2010

On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:43:56 pm Michael Hirsch did opine:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I pulled out an old Labtec usb camera this morning to see if it would
> > work any better on a full speed usb2.0 circuit. �But I don't know
> > what display program to use.
>
> Kopete will show your camera image.  In the Settings there is a tab
> for video that lets you see your camera's image.

Apparently at 1/2 resolution.  With cheese I can get a 640x480, much
sharper.  Unforch, cheese will not show me a directory where I actually
have permissions to save a snapshot.  Not that I want to presently anyway,
I had a skin cancer removed yesterday, and have a knee sized bandaid in
front of my right ear.  Ahh, PEBKAC, I was running it as amanda, dropping
back to gene, it works.  If it makes it through the server, a 27k .jpg is
attached.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)