VLC questions

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Sep 18 09:54:45 UTC 2010

Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> is there some technical reason that VLC
> - is still at version 1.0.6

I think that was the latest version available at the time of the Lucid
release. There is usually no version change for most packages after the
release date.

> - appears without logo in the start menu

Start menu? Are you talking about Windows then? But seriously: I don't
know what you mean - I have the logo in the K-menu entry (see
attachment).

> - is not offered when a (video) DVD is inserted?

You can probably add the appropriate action if you configure the device
notifier settings (didn't try this myself).

Nils