Misskey Problem

Wes Hardin wes.hardin at maxim-ic.com
Fri Sep 17 15:15:54 UTC 2010

On 09/17/2010 09:50 AM, Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 09/17/2010 09:28 AM, Wes Hardin wrote:
>> On 09/17/2010 07:29 AM, Billie Walsh wrote:
>>
>>> Somehow I managed to hit some weird key combination that has reversed
>>> the operation of the Caps Lock. I now have to have the caps turned on to
>>> type small letters and hit the shift key to type caps. Just the reverse
>>> of how it normally works.
>>>
>>> Any idea what I did and how to correct it?
>>>
>> If this is in X, I recommend numlockx
>>
>> $ numlockx --help
>> NumLockX 1.1
>> (C) 2000-2001 Lubos Lunak<l.lunak at kde.org>
>> (C) 2001      Oswald Buddenhagen<ossi at kde.org>
>>
>> Usage : numlockx [on|off]
>> on     - turns NumLock on in X ( default )
>> off    - turns NumLock off in X
>> toggle - toggles the NumLock on and off in X
>>
>> I run into this more often than I like moving between VMs and my host.  numlockx
>> always fixes it right up for me.
>>

> Numlock works like it's supposed to.

Oops, didn't read carefully enough.  Have you tried using a virtual keyboard to
toggle it?  I was able to get them switched and switched back using the caps
lock key on kvkbd.  Toggling caps on the virtual keyboard toggled the state as
far as X was concerned but not the physical keyboard light.

--
/* Wes Hardin */
UNIX System Administrator, IT Engineering Support
Skype: wes.hardin.maxim | Email: wes.hardin at maxim-ic.com
Maxim Integrated Products: Innovation Delivered