ssh logins on 10.04

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Sep 7 14:12:33 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, September 07, 2010 09:38:30 am Bruce Marshall did opine:

> On Tuesday, September 07, 2010, gene heskett wrote:
> > gene is a valid (and only) user on that machine.
> >
> > What do I need to enable or reconfigure to enable that?
>
> I assume you installed the ssh server - sshd  ??

It is not, at least by that name, in /etc/init.  I'll go check what
synaptic says, brb.  Twasn't, now is & started by hand.

I'm logged in, thank you very much.

This 10.04 system TBT, is awful laggy, even from its own keyboard.  I think
the next item to install is htop & figure out whats hogging the cpu. 6.06
never suffered from this.  Humm, htop shows nothing.  The lags is as if the
multi-tasking context switch is 2 seconds or so.  And htop says nothing is
hogging the system, but it is 12 megs into swap sitting overnight.  6.06
was never into swap.

Again, thanks Bruce.

--
Cheers, Gene