Skype test loopback pitch low problem, - Ubuntu + kde for network manager, pulse audio - KUbuntu 10.04; jor kubuntu

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 5 22:30:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 12:01:36 -0400, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>
said:
> Doesn't the newer Skype client need pulseaudio?? Works like a charm for
> me. Ric

Ric, iirc you've got that ubuntu + kde system,
which i'm thinking based on some thing(s?) you've mentioned success
with, I am tempted to try -
except that I have made so many sw installs & adjustments to my system,
that it would be basically time prohibitive for me to do a fresh
install.

So, basically, I'm hoping I can get this system (skype right now)
working well enough, so that a KU 10.10 update will bring in new &
working:
1) network manager, &
2) skype
so that I don't have to do a fresh ub 10.4 instal, & then add KDE 4 on
top of that.

:)

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture