Skype test loopback pitch low problem, - pulse audio benefit? KUbuntu 10.04; jor kubuntu

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 5 22:23:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 12:04:17 +0200, "Myriam Schweingruber"
<myriam at kubuntu.org> said:
> Basil, KDE uses Phonon and not Pulseaudio. Pulseaudio is just another
> layer on top, and not really needed for KDE. The only reason to use
> pulseaudio is if you want network sound, which phonon can't do right
> now.

I have a vague memory from several months ago,
maybe only 20% clarity mental memory,
that pulse audio did have some benefit - like perhaps eliminating this
exact low pitch problem.

But, at this time I'm _very_ unsure on that memory.

I just mention it so others might note that perhaps PA did have some
benefit, or modification effect, in this aspect of my system.

Perhaps it _caused_ this problem, in some way, like when I removed it.

Impossible for me to recall at this time.

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture