Skype test loopback pitch low problem, KUbuntu 10.04

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 5 12:57:46 UTC 2010

On 05/09/2010 20:04, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 09:26, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>
>> On 05/09/2010 13:53, giovanni_re wrote:
>>
>>> KUbuntu 10.04 64 bit, Â on a desktop box. AMD PhenomII 4 core 64 bit
>>> processor.
>>>
>>> Had installed pusle-audio several months ago, then removed it cause it
>>> is broken, IIRC, in KU 10.04

>> Sorry, but if you removed pulseaudio then what are you using for your audio?
>>
> Basil, KDE uses Phonon and not Pulseaudio. Pulseaudio is just another
> layer on top, and not really needed for KDE. The only reason to use
> pulseaudio is if you want network sound, which phonon can't do right
> now.
>

> Regards, Myriam.

Myriam,

The OP stated in his first message that he-

QUOTE

"Had installed pusle-audio several months ago, then removed it cause
itis broken, IIRC, in KU 10.04".

UNQUOTE

to which I then responded by asking-

QUOTE

Sorry, but if you removed pulseaudio then what are you using for your audio?

UNQUOTE

to which you then responded with the above - while I am still waiting
for the OP to provide an answer to my question.

BC

--
...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol.
                     W C Fields