killing shadowing

Brian Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 1 09:22:30 UTC 2010

On 31/08/10 21:55, kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>> clay, Steve
>> >        The first thing I did after noticing the effect was to un-tick
>> >  'enable desktop effects'
>> >  shortly after installing Lucid, it's been off ever since, I also
>> >  un-ticked 'active window
>> >     glow' in settings>appearance>windows>window decoration>shadows, no cure.
>> >  However, touch wood, it seems to be much improved since I upgraded to
>> >  the latest NVIDIA
>> >  offering. I did this nvidea upgrade to fix speed problems on 'google
>> >  earth' and seems to
>> >  have improved this tailing/shadowing problem as well, so maybe you were
>> >  right about
>> >  the graphics driver Clay
>> >     I don't know about setting up a link, but I can send a screen snapshot
>> >  to your personal
>> >  email address if it would help, the effect is still there but very much
>> >  reduced.
>> >  ATB
>> >  brian
>> >

> http://imageshack.us/
> is a free no-registration-required image site just for this purpose, you
> upload a pic there and paste the link here.
>
> Clay

Thanks, that looks like a useful site,  try this one
<http://www.filemail.com/> for large
files, videos, etc.
  The link to my shadow tailing is here
<http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bnw101/>,  snapshot1 I think, the
effect is not
nearly so bad now, but you can still see it, and I'd love to get shot of it
altogether
brian