Ndiswrapper Freezes and Makes Other Things Freeze

dave at thedavefactor.com dave at thedavefactor.com
Wed Sep 1 01:56:48 UTC 2010

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

On September 1, 2010 at 1:18 AM "BHASKAR SHARMA.N" <bhaskarsharma.n at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Better you install the driver from kpackagekit..or have you ever tried
> program 'software centre'? It's gnome based..you'll get exact program
> to configure the wireless driver from there.
I can't connect to the Internet at all on Kubuntu at the moment.  Even if I pull
some plugs and move the modem over hear near my computer again, I don't know
what that would accomplish.  I don't even know what to install.  It doesn't look
like there are any native Linux drivers for a D-Link DWA-130 ... or any wireless
networking adapter that I've ever heard of.  (What's the deal with that, anyway?
 Are Linux and wi-fi so incompatible?  Did Microsoft and Apple bribe every
hardware manufacturer?  Are the wi-fi people and the Linux people bitter
enemies, and no one involved with creating or supporting one thing wants to ever
touch the other?  I don't understand this.)

Anyway, my most immediate problem is that I've already installed a Windows
driver, using ndiswrapper.  Now, ndiswrapper hates me for it and refuses to let
any program that touches it do anything I say.

Once I fix that, then I can figure out how to connect for real.

Thanks again.

~~ Dave V. ~~