Upgrade from 9.10 to 10.10 experiences

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Oct 29 02:54:41 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:28:57 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 12:25 -0700, Jim Cunning wrote:
> >
> > I am currently running kubuntu 9.10 (amd64) and contemplating
> > upgrading to 10.10.  I recall seeing complaints about 10.04 and chose
> > not to upgrade at the time.  I'm wondering how stable 10.10 is and
> > whether others have any comments or recommendations about things to
> > do, avoid, or look out for in an upgrade to 10.10.
>
> It appears that 10.4 is more stable to me, but I installed 10.10 at our
> office in Raleigh and it works really well. Ric

Yes, 10.04 is more stable but like you I have installed several 10.10 machines
for people and they all say they are "very usable".  Most of my Lawyers opted
to continue with 10.04 because of the LTS status and to be honest that is what
we did for the church computers as well for the same reason.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403