4.5.2 - anyone tried?

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Tue Oct 26 19:38:19 UTC 2010

Hi Ian,

--On Dienstag, Oktober 26, 2010 13:34:31 -0500 Ian Gibson
<ibgibson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if the kwin performance issues have improved from 4.5.1 -->
> 4.5.2?
>
> I really hope the KDE devs get things together, because they're 90% of
> the way there now and just need to focus on bug fixes and performance
> improvements before adding any major new features.

It seems to fix my performance problems. Switching between desktops and
window was generally (moderately) slow, and seemed to get slower over
Sometimes emacs and mulberry (two applications that I would not describe
as modern) began to need a long time to render the
window (in emacs the buffers (text areas)). It took > 10 Seconds to
rerender a bigger mulberry window (up to 1600x1200). The time was
proportional to the dimensions of the window. Other applications where
slower too when this happened, but not that slow.

Since I updated to 4.5.2 I don't have these problems anymore.

I had no time to look after that before and report it, so I don't know if
this is
a known problem or a problem of kwin.

I didn't have any problems with the update so far.

..Carsten

[...]