4.5.2 - anyone tried?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:06:39 UTC 2010

On 26/10/2010 19:41, Clay Weber wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:36:43 am shawn wilson wrote:
>> Google 'kubuntu 10.10 sources.list' or 'source-o-matic'
>> as root:
>> cd /etc/apt
>> mv sources.list sources.list.orig
>> Insert the repos you found for 10.10 into a new sources.list
>> apt-get update
>> apt-get dist-upgrade

>>> Would I use the "sudo apt-get upgrade kubuntu-desktop" in the terminal
>>> to upgrade on 10.10?
>>>
>>> Thanks for Your Help---
>>> Ryan
>>>

> It may be good to use this method:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MaverickUpgrades/Kubuntu
> as it disables external ppa's, etc and handles some other upgrade tasks for
> you. A bit safer
>
> clay

Well, I am on 10.10 already so I think I will rather follow the the
prescribed method on kubuntu.org:
Packages for the release of the KDE Software Compilation 4.5.2 are
available for Kubuntu 10.10.

Bugs in packaging should be reported to kubuntu-ppa on Launchpad. Bugs
in the software to KDE.

Users of 10.10 Release Candidate can install it from the Kubuntu Updates
PPA.
To update, use the Software Repository Guide to add the following
repository to your software sources list:
ppa:kubuntu-ppa

There are no packages planned for Kubuntu 10.04 LTS, we recommend
updating to 10.10 if you want to try the newest software,