4.5.2 - anyone tried?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 26 18:06:49 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 02:01:12 pm Reinhold Rumberger did opine:

> On Tuesday 26 October 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
> > Just a query if anyone has upgraded to KDE 4.5.2 on Kubuntu 10.10
> > and if so, any special experiences from that. Good or bad such...
>
> You may want to wait if you're using the comic widget with at least a
> comic that has tooltips and one that hasn't, as switching between two
> such comics will cause a plasma crash. The issue has been fixed, but
> only in 4.5.3.
> Otherwise nothing unusual, kopete's as crashy, slow and buggy as ever
> and akregator still has that issue where the message view isn't
> updated unless you select a different feed and go back to the one
> that has new messages. IOW, nothing else seems broken that wasn't
> already broken in 4.5.1.
>
>   --Reinhold

Also, recently kmix just exits silently, even when launched from a shell.
Several of that sort of utils that did reside in the box immediately left
of the digital clock have been on the missing list for a week or so.  Only
the two circles, one with an i in it, the other with the usb symbol are all
that now survives.  klipper is running, but no icon.  I don't recall what
else is missing now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)