[lucid] audiocd:/MP3 is empty; how to fix?

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:49:35 UTC 2010

In data giovedì 21 ottobre 2010 17:24:38, Brian Wootton ha scritto:

> I don't know whether my problem is related or not. I have
> many .mp3 files on my HD, ripped from CDs using Karmic
> and previous kubuntu versions. now got kubuntu 10.04.1
> I attempted, using K3b to produce an audio cd from an
> mp3 directory, it seemed to succeed, having burnt it though,
> the automounter found it OK but it refused to play with Amarok
> or any other audio player(VCH et al). And all the directories on
> the disk were empty except for fullcd as mentioned above.
>   So being stupid I burnt a data disk with the mp3 directory using
> K3b - seemed to work OK. But the auto mounter refused to notice
> this disk at all.
>   Just to confuse the issue still further the mp3 files on the data disk
> played perfectly on my win 7 machine - and the audio CD wouldn't
> show up anywhere in win 7.
> I reckon the developers have been copyrighted into limbo and been
> forced to b&*($r up a perfectly good audio/video set up and leave us
> in kubuntu linux with this mess.
> brian

Same problem.

I have a ripped audio cd (in .wav) that I cannot open inside my "beautiful"
KDE 4.5.2 / amarok 2.3.2 / Kscd / Kubuntu 10.10, BUT I can open inside Ubuntu
10.10 with no problems with Rythmbox.

The device notifier detects the cd inside the device, but commands don't work.

I've opened a bug in KDE.

Regards,
--
Valter