Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Oct 13 17:40:01 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:04:56 am O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 11:36, Valter Mura wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > with the new release in subject (Maverick 10.10), the system changed the
> > handling of the audio, at least for me, from alsa to pulseaudio.
> >
> > Now my microphone doesn't work (I tried it with Skype, that I use) and in
> > the setting interface of the mixer there are no options to set channels
> > and devices.
> >
> > Is there anybody who knows how to get solved this problem, keeping the
> > pulseaudio server? Or is it  necessary to open a bug?
>
> In a way I see it as a bug, I had the same experience as you. However,
> digging the list archives I found that if you install pavucontrol from
> Kpackagekit (or whatever you prefer) that gives you the setting options
> you need.

Pavucontrol got my sound working on my desktop machine!  Thank you very much
for this.  It was a hit and miss thing before as sometime there was sound and
mics other times nothing and so when needed the user had to sign out and back
in until it came on.  Thanks again, pulseaudio has been a real pain for a long
time.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403