Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 13 07:01:09 UTC 2010

On 13/10/2010 17:39, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:03 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>

>> Hear, hear!
>> The first thing I do is to get rid of pulseaudio to get my sound
>> working, and install alsamixergui - then make sure that all the right
>> channels are active.
>>
>> But then, as with Ric, I know what to do, but take a newbie installing
>> Ubuntu/Kubuntu for the first time - and what do you have?
>>
> Joe Lunchbucket crying into his suds, weeping uncontrollably on a bar
> stool.
>

>> This abomination called pulse audio and getting video working properly
>> seem to be the 2 most complained about subjects.
>>
> I haven't seen one complaint for a long time on the Ubuntu list. Just
> here.

HA!

HA!

And so who is using the wrong desktop environment then, eh? 8-)

<FX: smug expression on face> So what does this tell you, eh?

>> "Why is this so?!", as Professor Sumner Miller used to ask on one of our
>> TV science shows (here in OZ) years ago?
>>
> Heh, then install Ubuntu first and then tell me I'm wrong, upside down
> person. I still have great hopes for kubuntu

Keep hoping....keep hoping...Hope of a better future has been keeping
the world going 'round for millennia.....

>   and I still prefer KDE on
> my desktop.<cackles>  Ric

No accounting for taste.... :-( .

Some people even still believe in the concept of a Flat Earth, or even
the Tooth Fairy, or Harvey The Invisible Rabbit , or even Santa Claus.....

"Horses for courses", as I always say....

"If it hurts, why keep doing it?", as me pappy used to say :-) .

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
                          W C Fields