audio workstation software needed

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:49:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 17:06 -0700, Steve Grace wrote:
> On 10/11/2010 01:57 PM, uriah heep wrote:
> > I recently made acquaintance with a new person who works with pro audio
> > equipment under mac os.  He is having difficulty with what appears to be
> > not enough horsepower on his computer and would like to avoid buying a
> > new $$$ Mac I am trying to remember the name of a massive audio program
> > I once found  that is not in the repositories (even medibuntu). I
> > installed it out of curiosity and at once felt like I had wondered into
> > a lecture on advanced cosmology. It also loaded a special low latency
> > kernel. Does anyone have an idea what the program might have been?
>
> Perhaps it was Ardour (which is supposedly Pro Tools-like).

Oh heck! Another braincell just died and went poof!

It's "planet" something or another. If I'm not mistaken it was a total
install, that included a kernel built, as he says, for a low latency
kernel. planetcrm or planetcrmm, something like that. Yup, totally
designed for sound, but it leaned heavily on jack-audio, which I would
think pulse would do as well now. People that used it swore by it.
google ought to bring it out for you. Ric

Linux user# 44256