audio workstation software needed

uriah heep stan10x10 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:57:18 UTC 2010

I recently made acquaintance with a new person who works with pro audio
equipment under mac os.  He is having difficulty with what appears to be not
enough horsepower on his computer and would like to avoid buying a new $$$
Mac I am trying to remember the name of a massive audio program I once
found  that is not in the repositories (even medibuntu). I installed it out
of curiosity and at once felt like I had wondered into a lecture on advanced
cosmology. It also loaded a special low latency kernel. Does anyone have an
idea what the program might have been?