Question re sata cables

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Oct 6 05:44:44 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, October 06, 2010 01:34:36 am Ken Larkman did opine:

The mobo manual says "Serial ATA II 3.0 Gb/s" for both the 6 NVIDIA 570
sockets, and for the JMicron Raid controller's 2 sockets which is not being
used.  So I could attach as many as 8 drives, currently 6 but one is a
FreeAgent Go on a usb cable.  And I just found the last 6 usb sockets, it
has 10 total.  That may help reduce the proliferation of hubs a bit, it
will not reliably detect whats on the third hub out.  My usb suffers from a
bad case of urban sprawl, going clear to the basement, but that's another
problem and subject for another message when I find that famous round tuit.
I might even have to make those. ;-)

Thanks Ken.

--
Cheers, Gene