KDE 4.5.3

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Tue Nov 23 11:12:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 23:04, Mark Fraser
<ubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 21 Nov 2010 18:58:44 Isak Enström wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the replies, guess I'm going to try to update tomorrow then. I
>
>> just hope that this upgrade won't mess something up like when I upgraded
>
>> from 4.4.2 -> 4.5.1, I had to update my graphics drivers from the
>
>> X-updates ppa.
>
> Just make sure you use aptitude rather than apt-get if you're doing it from
> the command line as apt-get will want to remove kubuntu-desktop.

Kubuntu-desktop being a meta package it can be removed safely without
disturbing the system.

Anyway, this should be solved now, make sure you use apt-get
dist-upgrade so all dependencies can be resolved correctly. This
should always be the preferred method on version bumps

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org