Login sound

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 10:43:31 UTC 2010

Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 22/11/2010 20:43, Andrew Hinds wrote:
> > I was wondering how I go about changing the login sound. The
> > default one is getting a tad old and would like to be able to
> > change it to something else.
>
> Change to suit yourself the sound in /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo.

I don't think so:

~/ > ls /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo
ls: cannot access /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo: No such file or
directory
~/ > ls /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/
ls: cannot access /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/: No such file or directory

That was with Kubuntu 10.04 but I suppose it is the same result for
other versions. IIRC, you abandoned KDE and maybe your suggestion only
works for the Gnome version?

Nils