K-Mail in Kontact @ Kubuntu 10.10: IMAP and Address Book.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 08:17:00 UTC 2010

> * archiving and/ or deleting all the messages older than let's say 3
>
> > months? * is it possible to prevent KMail from downloading the archive?
>
> One thing to speed things up is to RMB-click on the GMail account, select
> "Serverside subscription" and de-select the "All Mail" folder.

I have done so yesterday. Indeed, the synchronisation process seems to
go slightly smoother. However, another 3 or 4 attempts overnight have
failed. Also taking into account this reaction:

> I never had any luck with IMAP using evolution with gmail. So, I just
> reverted back to pop. Ric

I focus now on archiving old messages I want to keep and deleting many
irrelevant ones. After this, I will again try to sync via
"disconnected IMAP" and get back to this forum with my experience.
Respectfully yours,

Bas.