K-Mail in Kontact @ Kubuntu 10.10: IMAP and Address Book.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:48:27 UTC 2010

> About the address book issue, it's a known problem. See http://bit.ly/a5erja

When checking out the instructions you point at, I come in another
strange problem. The key part of the instructions are the following:
"Check System Settings -> Advanced tab -> KDE Resources. Make sure
that your Akonadi controlled address book(s) are listed there - add
them if necessary."
As such, those instructions are crystal clear. BUT: when  going to
"System settings" in Kubuntu 10.10, the "advanced" tab is NOT there
any more. It was still there if I remember it correctly in version
10.04. However, in this version the "advanced" tab has been vanished.
So far, I did not manage to find "KDE Resources" anywhere else.

Also the question how to set the personal addressbook as default, has
been clearly answered:
"Again, your distribution may have already done this for you, but
check SystemSettings > Advanced tab > KDE Resources. Make sure that
the resources listed there are enabled, then use the 'Set as Standard'
button on 'akonadi-resource Personal'. This will make the Personal
Contacts addressbook available to KMail."

However, here we have the same problem: I cannot find "KDE Resources"
because the "advanced tab" is vanished.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.