How to load sata_nv before pata_amd on Kubuntu Hardy 8.04

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Mon Nov 8 10:40:10 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 November 2010, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 02:47 +0100, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:

<snap>

> > Hope to have given you something to think about...
>
> Thanks, my head hurts now.

I always enjoy making people's heads hurt... :-P

> But, I have some measure of
> enlightenment that I didn't have before. I think I'll have to
> re-read this several more times though.

In a cinch it's just that there are cases where /dev/sdaX doesn't
always point to the same hardware device, whereas UUIDs tend to be
unique and can be used to identify a partition/filesystem.

> I miss setting IRQ
> jumpers on cards and harddrive jumpers. Heck, I miss CP/M. :) Ric

Now, *that* stuff is pretty good at making *my* head hurt... ;-)

  --Reinhold