CD/DVD reading problem

Fred Henry Jr. fbhenry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 01:57:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 13:10 -0600, Fred Henry Jr. wrote:
>

> > Apologies, Problem solved.  Mea culpa.  I had forgotten to run
> > install-css.sh.
> Crimminy!! I didn't know to do that... didn't figure I would have to,
> but locate found that script in /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4 so I ran it.
> Lo and behold it whirled and rattled and installed stuff. <blinks> Maybe
> that'll fix the problems I had had writing .iso files to DVD. But, I
> would have never guessed to do that, never in a million years.
>
> Thanks, (I think) Ric

Well, Ric, I hope it works for you.  I dunno if it actually solved my CD/DVD
problems.  I was able to play a (Netflix) DVD after running it, but I don't
recall ever having to run that script before.  (And I've been running some
flavor of linux since '95.)  So, I'm pretty much still in the dark.

Best,

Fred