Losing mouse pointer in non-Kubuntu KDE system

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 01:40:54 UTC 2010

maybe post to the xorg dev list and see if they can help (i'm thinking it's
an xserver issue rather than kde). i am doubting it's a configuration issue
and it's definitely not a new issue (as, like i said, i've had the issue a
few years ago). i do think it has to do with usb hardware (and i think my
issue was on a p4 via board - might have the manual around for model if
interested). this is fixable in software since restarting the x server does
the trick.

you might want to google around and figure out how to increase the verbosity
of your x logs before you ask and save the logs from a few minutes before
you put your computer to sleep and (before you put the computer to sleep)
start a console with tail -f <log> and wait until you aren't seeing anything
unimpressive, drop down to command line and tail that stuff to another file.
that way you have something decent to ask with.