Error after 4.5.3 upgrade

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:30:07 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I received the update notification for KDE 4.5.3 and ran it. I noticed that
some 50+ packages were updated, but some 10-15 others were removed, among
which kubutu-desktop.  Thus I decided to run trough Konsole apt-get upgrade
and saw 13 packages to be held back.

When trying to install kubuntu-desktop, I have the following output -- see
below.  Does someone knows what to do?  Thanks.
gk

gk at xxx-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 kubuntu-desktop : Depends: kde-window-manager but it is not going to be
installed
                   Depends: kdebase-workspace-bin but it is not going to be
installed
                   Depends: kdepasswd but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: kdm but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ksysguard but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: plasma-desktop but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: plasma-netbook but it is not going to be installed
                   Recommends: kubuntu-konqueror-shortcuts but it is not going
to be installed
                   Recommends: plasma-widgets-addons but it is not going to be
installed
                   Recommends: rekonq but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages