Losing mouse pointer in non-Kubuntu KDE system

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:55:44 UTC 2010

i too have experienced the issue - about 8 years ago on kde on a debian
install. my only solution was to reset the x server (ctrl+alt+bs) and it
would work as soon as the server came back up. also, x was fine - i could
still type and all, just no pointer.

this was before devfs / udev and i'm pretty sure i was on psaux and not usb.
i was never able to 'solve' the problem or get a solution that i was happy
with - getting the pointer back without killing x. so, if you find something
please post - i'm really curious.