Help to get started

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Nov 1 10:37:26 UTC 2010

Goh Lip wrote:
> On Monday 01,November,2010 05:39 PM, Harry and Sandy wrote:
> > I tried the command sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
> > and 0 packages were uploaded or installed. It was worth a try.
>
> If and this is an "if", it is due to kubuntu-desktop installation
> errors, then you should try
> "sudo apt-get install --reinstall kubuntu-desktop"

Well, I think my idea of a missing / faulty kubuntu-desktop package
wasn't too bright. After all my previous suggestion to install ubuntu-
desktop wasn't successful either and therefore the problem must be
somewhere else.

Maybe it has to do with the hardware - what are the specs of the
machine? How much memory and what graphics card are in it?

Nils