Help to get started

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Nov 1 10:00:04 UTC 2010

On Monday 01,November,2010 05:39 PM, Harry and Sandy wrote:
> I tried the command sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
> and 0 packages were uploaded or installed. It was worth a try.

If and this is an "if", it is due to kubuntu-desktop installation
errors, then you should try
"sudo apt-get install --reinstall kubuntu-desktop"

However, it may be due to a more elementary error, as you mentioned
> After installation and reboot it got to the user and log in page,
> entered my user name and password and then started to proceed to
> the next page (with has a picture of a hard drive) but then it
> returned to the log in page. Every time I tried since after
> rebooting the same thing happens.

It could be a password or username error. In that case, try logging in
as root and see if it boots. (Take care not to do major tasks when
logged in as root). Then create a new username/password.

Good luck - Goh Lip