xml in kate

Alvin info at alvin.be
Tue May 25 13:03:02 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 08:45:12 Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Alan Dacey Sr. wrote:
> > On Monday, May 24, 2010 09:15:05 am Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> >> hello
> >>
> >> is kate able to format/indent XML documents?
> >> I searched in kate settings but found nothing...
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Alex
> >
> > Do you mean
> >
> >      Tools-->Mode-->Markup-->XML ?
> >
> > It comes up automatically for me when I open an XML file. Using Kate
> > Version 3.4.2 on KDE 4.4.2
>
> hello Alan, thanks for reply, but looks like this enables highlighting
> only. It doesn't perform formatting(at least when i paste xmls from
> log-files to kate)
> Have a look at http://xmlindent.com/ to get idea what i mean exactly

I'm pretty the indentation worked in KDE3. I asked more or less the same on
2008-09-02 about XML completion, but no answer came.

Today, there is an answer. XML completion will come back in KDE 4.5
http://dhaumann.blogspot.com/2010/04/kate-xml-completion-plugin.html
I don't really know if the two features are related, but indentation might
come back as well.