wired ethernet problem in Lucid on HP Pavillion dv6000

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:04:39 UTC 2010

Have installed Lucid on a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop with Nvidia and
Broadcom.

Wireless works and I have managed to get Nvidia drivers installed for
graphics. But strangely enough (to me) wired ethernet is not working. I
can set an address manually though nothing happens, I can not connect
via DHCP and I do not get any traffic going.

lspci gives the info "ethernet controller.... Nvidia MPC65 Ethernet (rev
a3)" if that means something to anyone out there.

Any help appreciated,

Sinclair